Monday, July 21, 2008

Random stuff

OK, so there isn't much to say. I follow monkeys, I record monkeys, I look at data. But I do have a USB port today (the internet shop 'found' them), so I'll just stick up some photos. It'll be like you're right here with me.

My home:

While simple, it is very nice and we have rain tanks and a solar panel which gives enough power each day to enter data and run one light bulb for a few hours at night. Perfect.

My neighbor:
I think one of the forest rangers lives here, but all I ever see is his rather ill-tempered cow. We have agreed to ignore one another.


A baby blue monkey:
Mostly because, seriously, that's some cute business.

Some odd cricket-like critters:
Mostly just because, well, it's not a monkey.

Dangers of field work:

This is certainly the first (and most likely the last) any of you will see of me with facial hair. It is not a gift I have, and I do not pretend that it is anything less than disturbing. However, in the interest of full disclosure I felt compelled to include it here.

2 comments:

boone said...

Yo james, or is that Ed norton? Looks like some nice digs and neighbors. I am here in your living room and enjoying the other end of the spectrum, amenities wise. We got lights all night.
thanks for blogging us in. boone

Gordon Smith said...

James,

I've known you for twenty years and never seen that much of your own hair on your face.

Impressive.

And somehow nasty.